The Wedding ceremony in Sicily is a great opportunity to continue your journey around the island after. Sicilia Bedda Events has selected the best places to visit in Palermo:
1. Cattedrale di Palermo is an UNESCO world heritage site. The combination of Arabic, Norman, Swabian, Gothic, Romanesque, Renaissance, Baroque style will help you to understand the history of the island and sicilian people.
2. Quattro Canti is the intersection of four building’s corners and a symbol of the four seasons of the year.
3. Teatro Massimo – the largest Opera House in Italy and one of the largest in Europe!
4. Piazza Pretoria and Piazza della Vergogna. The nuns who were living close there said that this place is an area of shame. Why? Here is another reason to come and check it by yourself.
5. Monte Pellegrino is the most beautiful Cape in the world! And we confirm it!
6. Martorana e San Cataldo – you can see on photo. Be sure to go inside.
7. Il Genio di Palermo – find out the myth about the origin of this legendary deity and patron of the city.
8. Teatro dell’Opera dei Pupi – look at the puppets in costumes of different nationalities, if you’re with kids especially.
9. Try street food
10. Visit street markets
11. Enjoy the nature of Botanical garden
12. Visit Monreale. It is close to Palermo. Enjoy the stunning beauty of the Cathedral here.
And then go on to explore amazing Sicily!